turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JST4
Level 1

Turbo tax asked about foreign source income for one imported 1099 Div that had fx tax paid. But for other 1099 Div that also had fx tax paid it didn't. Both 1099's were imported. How do i maually enter it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax asked about foreign source income for one imported 1099 Div that had fx tax paid. But for other 1099 Div that also had fx tax paid it didn't. Both 1099's were imported. How do i maually enter it

Check the second 1099 DIV entry to see if Foreign tax is reported in Box 7. If you are using Turbo Tax online.

1. Go to federal
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Investment and Savings
  4. Dividends on 1099-DIV 
  5. Once you reach the dividend summary page, select second the 1099 DIV and select Review. 
  6. once you are looking in the form, check the box that says "My form has info in other boxes (this is uncommon)'
  7. Check to see if there is foreign tax listed in Box 7. If not, enter it..
  8. Now answer the question about how much of the dividend was foreign sourced.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JST4
Level 1

Thanks. Box was checked and it still didn’t work. So I saw there was a link to the form the info populates 1116. I then used the link for the acct that did populate to see how it looked. Then I used the link for the account that didn’t populate and manually entered the number. There was an option to link it to an existing g 1116(for the populated account) so I highlighted that. I went back out

of the original entry and Turbo tax finally worked properly and asked me for the info that I had manually entered. Yea

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies