Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

grstoy

TT Will Not Activate 2019 SW Rendering Application Usless-Violating T&Cs

Just got off the phone with TT tecnical expert/supervisor [+3 hrs]. It turns out that Turbotax/Intuit seems to have turned off Activation function for 2019 software. A couple of years ago I removed the software from my computer, but saved the data file, knowing that if I had a valid CD and license code I could revisit, if needed [audit, etc]. This year I realized a problem with some numbers I used in the past and went to re-install TT for 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019. When I went to re-install 2019 version, the load and update from TT was successful [meaning communications between me and TT worked]. I was then prompted for my license code, which I input. After this, I received Activation Failure-Error Code: 630. Nowhere in the Terms and Conditions for the software does it state that software in unusable after three years. I am very upset that my tax data is not excessible for 2019. You cannot tell me that the Activate function can be turned off like this. Time to rethink TT for next year!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies