turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT 2023 desktop PC, receiving import volume exceeded from Fidelity 1099B. I'm 4000 (all covered) transactions, and TT support states 10000 is limit. How to correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

TT 2023 desktop PC, receiving import volume exceeded from Fidelity 1099B. I'm 4000 (all covered) transactions, and TT support states 10000 is limit. How to correct?

According to this TurboTax article, you can enter a summary vs. each individual transaction.  See how it works for you.

How do I enter a large number of stock transactions into TurboTax? 

(By the way, I believe the 10,000 import limit applies if using the Online programs.  The Desktop platform has a lower import limit.  I think.)

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thank you. I spoke with TT tier 1 support who confirmed that desktop supports 10K transactions, but did not know why import fails (especially from large broker like Fidelity). Question supposedly passed up to tier 2, but I haven't received any more update. I'm aware of the summarize option, but then need 3rd party software (for a fee) to generate the 8949 PDF.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Well, it would stink to have to purchase other software to generate Form 8949.  There must be some kind of solution.  Hopefully the Tier 2 Support will be able to assist.

Please post back and let me know what you guys work out, if you don't mind.  So sorry for the inconvenience!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

I selected form8949.com, which worked well at reasonable cost. The app produces a properly formatted 8949 PDF from the 1099B CSV. The summaries match the Fidelity 1099B PDF, so calcs are presumably correct. IRS has a procedure to mail these PDF to support TT electronic filing, so everything should tie together. I provided TT the summary data so overall return can complete. It is still case that TT not supporting a claimed feature, and hopefully they fix, but this workaround enables completed filing for 2023. form8949.com takes ~20 seconds to process the data and deliver the PDF forms, so it doesn't seem like TT should have difficulty doing same.  Its no more difficult than an Excel spreadsheet, with IRS specified output format.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies