Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT 2018 Home and Business is not walking me through my Schedule C - what is wrong?

I'm using TT Home and Business 2018 (I'm a long-time TT user) but it isn't walking me through my Schedule C or Business Expenses automatically. It asked me about my home office under personal expenses... what is wrong?? It is possible I didn't "register my business" because the "Profit and expenses" prompt is not appearing when I click on the Business tab, but I can't seem to check this or do it. Please help. Very frustrated at this point.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TT 2018 Home and Business is not walking me through my Schedule C - what is wrong?

Do you have the self-Employed version?  The home screen should look like the one in the below screenshot.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Do you have the self-Employed version?  The home screen should look like the one in the below screenshot.

Wow! No, I don't! That is crazy, there is a different version other than Home & Business... I did not know this! I did finally muddle my way into an automated Q&A for small businesses... don't know why Home & Business would be different from Self-employed... Thank You!!

You can enter your Schedule C this way:

1.  Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.

2.  Click Income across the top.

3.  Scroll down to Self-Employment and click Show more.

4.  Click Start or Revisit by Income and Expenses.

You can set up your business and report all income and expenses here.

Thank you, TTCheryl! I almost feel like I am looking at a different version... I do not see any "Self-Employment" under "Income" and Income and Expenses focuses almost solely on Income...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies