Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to send my file to IRS but line 27b prevents it. According to my form a 0 is entered, as it should be. I went back to step by step and have entered everything co?

Help on turbotax website is NONEXISTENT
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Trying to send my file to IRS but line 27b prevents it. According to my form a 0 is entered, as it should be. I went back to step by step and have entered everything co?

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Line 27b of what form?

If this is a state form, please include the name of your state.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've been trying to replay to your post through my Gmail account but apparently that doesn't work. It seems to be so difficult to actually get help through turbo tax :( To answer you question I am self employed with two businesses. My carpentry business has a schedule C and line 27b(Energy efficient building deduction) has a 0 on that line. But it will not transmit because it says there is an error that needs fixed. And that by trying to take that deduction I would have to use form 7205, I believe, and mail in my return as Turbo does not support that form 😕 I revisited the step by step options and find nothing that I have done to indicate that I wanted to take that deduction?Thank you 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Yes, this box should be blank, not 0. 

Select Review and when this error comes up, highlight your 0 and hit the back space key. Leave the field blank and continue with your return. 

I tried that but it will not let me delete the "0"...?

Did I lose you?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Try deleting Form 7205.   

How to delete forms in TurboTax Online

How to delete forms in TurboTax Desktop

There is no form 7205. The error is on schedule C and the program states that Turbo Tax does not support form 7205 and I should print it off from IRS i guess and mail my return in????

27b is on schedule c on federal return. has 0 filled in cannot delete

I am having exact same issue and can not delete or clear the error and it is preventing e-filing. This is crazy. Schedule C line 27b has a 0 in it and can not be cleared. A form 7205 is not included with my return. It looks like I have to file on paper due to this error. Crazy. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you have the desktop program, you can delete the amount from 27b on the Schedule C worksheet.   You may need to delete and re-enter the Schedule C.  @keithbar1974 

jhac

I'm also having this issue as I submit at the 11th hour. You can't delete Form 7205 - it's not in the software package (I'm using desktop). The code auto-populates "0" and won't allow you to delete it, as others have suggested. The software needs a fix here. I don't want to file paper! I'm going to submit an extension and see if y'all can offer another solution. Is there a help desk Tier 2 that can see if there is a fix?

jhac

Have you tried this? Seems like no one can do this. Issue with the permissions on this one line.

jhac

FOUND IT!  You can't do it in the Forms view/corrections windows, you have to go back to the actual page, delete the 0, and then it resolved. Was just able to submit. Here's who answered it:

Best Answer

by TurboTaxPatriciaV

In TurboTax Business, the Energy Efficient Commercial Buildings Deduction appears under Common Business Expenses, found on the Deductions summary page. Be sure the box is empty (no zero).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies