turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Trying to get Recovery Rebate Credit for child born in 2020

Thank you for your reply, glad to see I'm not the only one struggling with this.

I plan on filing a 1040x once it's ready via Turbo Tax (end of March maybe?). If it's not resolved by then, I'll fill out a paper 1040x and mail it in (puke lol). I will be go back to Costco and request a refund. I'm not paying for software that nearly cost me $1,100 (had I not researched this further!), then having to file a paper copy.

FYI, I also sent a dispute to my credit card for the e-file fees. I'm not paying for erroneous filings.

Cheers!

Is anyone having any luck filing an amendment to get their missing stimulus money for their 2020 babies? I walked thru with a turbo tax professional that is actually and friend of mine and she said I need tech support. I want to pull my hair out!! This is so frustrating. I guess I'm going to have to file and handwritten amendment. That sucks!! Why doesnt Turbo tax fix this? They lost a customer with me for sure. Never again. 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

What is the issue.  Please explain what is happening when you try to file.  Several people have filed to get the Rebate Credit for 2020.  The rules have changed.  If you do not have income, you can no longer e-file you must print and mail the return to the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies