turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JE73

Trying to get copy of 2022 taxes already filed, but TT won't open

Have already filed taxes (and received refund) but now need a copy.  Turbo Tax will not open.  I get an error message stating my system is out of date: 

"Check with the developer to make sure TurboTax 2022 works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS."

I have done all the updates for my Mac and for TT, but still will not work.  

How can TT update it's program to eliminate systems that once could previously use it??  My Mac is running BigSur 11.7.9.  When I purchased the program it was compatible.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KarenL4
Employee Tax Expert

Trying to get copy of 2022 taxes already filed, but TT won't open

Hi, JE73.

Sorry, that sounds super frustrating. Per this article (summarized below), 2022 is compatible with Big Sur 11, so it should work. Please do call TurboTax at 1-800-4INTUIT (1-800-446-8848) let a product support or tax expert assist with fixing this issue for you. 

Compatibility requirements:

Mac CD/Download Products (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business)
NOTE: TurboTax Business is Windows Only

Operating Systems

• macOS Big Sur 11 or later (macOS Catalina 10.15 not supported)
    • Specific macOS: macOS Big Sur 11, macOS Monterey 12, macOS Ventura 13

An Intuit expert should be able to address your issue, however, I also want to make you aware you can get a copy of your accepted tax return transcript at the IRS website.

The transcript is not instantaneous upon filing, so do allow some time from processing, if you decide to look at the IRS. Note, I am not trying to dissuade you from having Intuit address this with you, just letting you know that there may be more than one info source available to you.

If this answer helps, please use the thumbs up below to cheer!

Thanks,

Karen

P.S. I found some additional resources that indicated this may be a known issue.  They do suggest an upgrade to macOS 12 (Monterey) or macOS 13 (Ventura) to resolve the issue. If that is not an option for you, or does not resolve the issue, please do refer to INV-26657 when reaching out for support.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies