turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to file with TurboTax but can't get past "Check This Entry"

I'm trying to e-file my return via TurboTax desktop software.  I'm at the end of the process and when I click the button to submit my filing I get brought to the "Check This Entry" page with the below message:

Estimated Tax Payment Options: Next payment due 4 If you are a qualified Farmer or Fisherman as indicated on Schedule F or Form 2210F, the quarterly payments do not apply to you.  Your estimated tax payment date is 01/15/2015.

Then there is a checkbox with "Next payment due 4" next to it, and below that the "estimated tax payment options" form with some editable fields.

No matter what fields I edit, after clicking "continue" then attempting to submit my return again I am brought back to this page.

I did have substantial taxes owed for 2023 and I did have a penalty.  I have already submitted an updated W-4 through my employer to jack up my withholding so I should be good for 2024.  I don't want or need the estimated tax payment vouchers.  How do I get past this screen.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

For anyone else who has this issue, trying to correct it from the "check this entry" page wouldn't work.  I solved it by going back into the federal taxes section and redoing the W-4 and Estimated Payments section from scratch.  Then I was able to submit my return.

Thank you. I am getting this same error. 

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The previous user reporting this error was able to solve it by going back through their W-4 section (Federal > Other Tax Situations > Other Tax Forms > Form W-4 and estimated taxes).  If this does not work for you and you are still getting the error message, consider sharing a diagnostic tax file so that we can try to help you through clearing the error condition.

The diagnostic file will not contain personally identifiable information, only numbers related to your tax forms.  If you would like to provide us with the diagnostic file, follow the instructions below and post the token number along with which version of TurboTax you are using and what states you are filing in a follow-up thread.

Use these steps if you are using TurboTax Online:

• Sign in to your account and be sure you are in your tax return.
  • Select Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
  • Select Tools.
  • Select Share my file with agent.
  • A pop-up message will appear, select OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
  • Post the token number here. 

If you are using a CD/downloaded version of TurboTax, use these steps:

• Select Online at the top of the screen.
  • Select Send Tax File to Agent.
  • Click OK.
  • Post the token number here.

@theBGcat 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies