Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xhnkntsn

Trying to file taxes after purchasing online code from Costco for Mac computer, but telling me I need to pay?

So my husband and I over the past two years have always purchased TurboTax from Costco for the online code for our Mac computer. We've never had any issues up until now - for some reason the code did work, and on the page, it does say that I have 8 available returns to use. But when I am filling out my return, it's telling me I need to pay. We're extremely confused because this has never happened and we've never had any issues with this, so I'm curious if anyone has had this same issue and what the solution might be as it's holding up us getting our taxes done. We also thought maybe the code didn't go through properly so we went back and tried entering it again, but it obviously says it's a used code. So we're quite frustrated haha. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Trying to file taxes after purchasing online code from Costco for Mac computer, but telling me I need to pay?

@ xhnkntsn wrote:

So my husband and I over the past two years have always purchased TurboTax from Costco for the online code for our Mac computer. We've never had any issues up until now - for some reason the code did work, and on the page, it does say that I have 8 available returns to use. But when I am filling out my return, it's telling me I need to pay. We're extremely confused because this has never happened and we've never had any issues with this, so I'm curious if anyone has had this same issue and what the solution might be as it's holding up us getting our taxes done. We also thought maybe the code didn't go through properly so we went back and tried entering it again, but it obviously says it's a used code. So we're quite frustrated haha. 

"8 available returns to use"

That sounds like a Canadian TurboTax product--TurboTax Standard.   Are you preparing a Canadian return or a USA tax return?   This is the USA community forum.    USA product doesn't work that way, and there's not an "8-return" USA TurboTax product.

If a Canadian return, here's the Canadian TurboTax forum, where you can ask for help with a Canadian product:

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/turbotax-support/help/03/en-ca

If you choose "English" there, make sure it has a Maple Leaf icon by it and not a US flag.

xhnkntsn

Ah shoot I thought I’d gone to the right site - thanks so much!

You're welcome.  Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies