Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

John H4

Trying to enter 199A info but the button to access does nothing

<p>During the initial entry of the K1, I have a line 20 Z and there is no way to enter the information.&nbsp; Several "continue" later there were fields to enter but one of the fields I had from my accountant was not asked for.&nbsp; I saved it and the checking for errors flags I did not enter my 199A info.&nbsp; Scrolling up I see a QuickZoom button to do so but the button does nothing.&nbsp; This appears to be broken and I'm stuck not getting past the 20-Z part.&nbsp; I did notice if I double click on the Amount field I get a poorly titled form.&nbsp; I entered my info from my K1 but the checking for errors is still not happy.&nbsp; What is the correct way to enter the 199A info and where?&nbsp; The other help page showing this does not work.&nbsp; This is all on the home PC version.</p>
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Trying to enter 199A info but the button to access does nothing

To enter partnership income from a K-1, follow these directions.

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Wages & Income.
  • Scroll down to S-corps, Partnerships and Trusts and click Show more to the right.
  • Click Start / Revisit to the right of Schedule K-1.
  • Click Start / Update to the right of Partnerships/LLC.
  • Click through the screens until you reach Enter Box 20 Info.
  • At the screen Enter Box 20 Info, select Z-Section 199A information.  Leave Amount empty.  This tells the software that Section 199A information will need to be entered for the income previously reported.  Click Continue.
  • At the screen We see you have Section 199A income, select the appropriate income description.  Click How would I know this? for more information.
  • At the screen We need some information about your 199A income, select the appropriate income description and amount from the 199A detail provided with the K-1.  In some cases, you will also select and enter values for W-2 wages and UBIA of qualified property.  Click Continue.

The information that is needed to complete the screen may be found on a Statement A attached to your K-1 information.

@John H4 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies