Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mlocken

TPG

How does TPG deposit my refund into my account a week before the IRS gives a deposit date? On top of that it is $1100 short…I wish I would’ve know about this beforehand, I would not have used TurboTax!I will be notifying the better business bureau about both Tpg & TurboTax !!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TPG

was that date from Turbotax or the iRS refund website? If Turbotax, that was just an estimate.

when you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund or got an advance you agreed to have a third-party bank (TPG) receive your refund to split between what you owed Turbotax and your remaining portion. TPG sent on the remaining refund using the direct deposit info you entered on your return. Most users don't bother to read what they agree to and just scroll down and make the checkoff.  The $1100 shortage is likely due to some error the IRS found. You'll be getting a letter from them in 3 weeks or so explaining what it changed. 

you can send your complaint but it's without merit since you agreed to the process and the $1100 difference is probably due to your error. 

TPG

Check the IRS "where's my refund" site.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

I believe there will be a note there if the IRS reduces your refund, although I am not sure.  You can also check your transcript, although I don't know how often the transcripts are updated.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If the IRS changed your refund, they will send a letter in 3-4 weeks explaining the change, and you will have the opportunity to correct  your return or appeal if you believe the IRS is wrong. 

Because of how the ACH banking system works, a bank can sometimes credit you for a direct deposit up to 2 days before the official settlement date to 2 days after the official settlement date, depending on the bank's policies.  This is true of any bank, so it is possible that TPG credited your account and initiated the direct deposit with your regular bank a bit earlier than the official IRS payment date.  

A full "week" is not possible by this method, so if it was really that early, there might be some other error.  You can certainly call TPG and ask.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies