Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

To pay taxes from my severance pay in DC



How can a person pay taxes on severance pay amount, when an employer leaves it up to an employee? And how does it apply to a foreigner?


Thank you! 

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

To pay taxes from my severance pay in DC

Hello MMQ!


You can use our tax calculator to estimate how much you owe or use the tax tables to determine the amount. Here are links to both resources for free:

Depending on your status here in the US, you may file as a resident or non-resident. Please see the following link to determine this. 


After you determine what you owe, you may make a payment to the government at : 


I hope this helps.

Thank you for using TurboTax Live!


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings