Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kshiver

How do I purchase a second GA return license to complete my moms 2018 tax returns? I used the first GA for my return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I purchase a second GA return license to complete my moms 2018 tax returns? I used the first GA for my return.

Are you using desktop software (CD/download)?   If so, you can prepare as many GA returns as you need to with your state program.  There is no additional software license needed.   If you efile the state returns, there is a 24.99 state efile fee for each one.  There is no fee if you print and mail the state returns.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are you using desktop software (CD/download)?   If so, you can prepare as many GA returns as you need to with your state program.  There is no additional software license needed.   If you efile the state returns, there is a 24.99 state efile fee for each one.  There is no fee if you print and mail the state returns.
kshiver

I purchased TurboTax Deluxe on CD from Sam's Club and normally file both my moms and my federal and Georgia returns. This year I got a message when I did my Georgia saying I only have one and when I try to complete my mom's Georgia the program does not respond. I'm happy to pay to prepare another ga return but when I attempted to buy another Georgia State return I got an error message I'd rather not buy another program if I don't have to.

Deluxe comes in 2 versions.  One that is Federal-only, and one that is combo Federal and State.

In the combo Federal and State version, you get a program download for a state, in your case GA.  You can use that state program to prepare as many GA state returns as you need to.

Do you have the combo Federal and State version of Deluxe?  If so, it should have unlimited GA returns.   I'll tell you something to try so you can prepare your mom's GA return.

I assume you have completed the mom's Federal return.   So with her return open in TurboTax, go to the top menubar, click on ONLINE menu, then in the dropdown choose "Download state"  (even though you already have.)

That will bring up a screen that has a selection box on the left.  Ignore that stuff on the left of the popup.  Leave it blank (it may say "select" but do not).  In other words, don't choose a state.

Instead, on the right side of that popup screen there should be an enclosed box showing your GA state selection.   Put a checkmark for GA then click the Download button.    That doesn't really download it again, but it attaches the GA program to your mom's return.

Please report back on that.

Oh I forgot something in that comment above.  At first that popup says "Let's complete your purchase online."   So you have to play along a bit.  When you click "Continue", that's when you get the next screen with the stuff on the left and right that I described above.   Place a checkmark for GA in the box on the right and click "Download" to attach it to your mom's return.  It specifically says in that box that you will not be charged.
kshiver

this worked!  thank you so much and my mom thanks you too!

Great news!  I'm glad you got it.  You're both welcome.  Good luck.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies