Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Hello , It is the 29th and the same message about not being able to e-file is coming up. By the way there was no update.

ongkiko
Returning Member

I agree with Technico. That is my findings as well.  Returns that include claims to business expense deductions or self-employment stuff on your taxes.  This is what you'll get.  I also found that the credits for energy improvement like heat pumps and Air conditioner are also not available.

Jconlon
Returning Member

Is there validation from Intuit somewhere stating they are working on this issue? (I, obviously, have the same issue as many others.)

I don't have either of those forms indicated in mine and I still get the same message.

@Jconlon  No confirmation on here from TT of any issues.

weirdfish

Same problem here. I have a Schedule C and can't e-file.

Took all my data (including all the business income and expenses) over to the freetaxusa site and it's all e-filed. I recommend it.

I've been getting that message, too. When I got it over the weekend, I thought that was its way of telling me to wait until January 29 -- when the IRS will accept returns. But I'm still getting it today -- on the 29th.

Should I wait a few days and try again to efile? Or just print it and mail it in now?

Still waiting to file.  So frustrating 

armyvet23

Ican also confirm. I deleted my schedule C for business expenses, and it prompted me after a smart check whether I wanted a direct deposit or paper check. Ill have to try back later in the week for updates.

A week ago when I first prepared our taxes and again today, I am getting the message that our return contains forms that cannot be eFiled. As recommended, I looked up every form and schedule listed when I save my return in this tool - Intuit App - and they all say they are all supported. Why else can I not eFile my return? This is the first year using Home & Business instead of Deluxe and it is proving very frustrating!

Hey everyone, we are aware of this issue and are working on fixing it as quickly as possible. I will come back to this thread with more details when they are released to me. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for being patient with us.

AngelaD1

It is now 1/29 and I am getting this same error message!  I have not filed by paper in over a decade.  What the heck!?

@QueenM 

hey there. Just wondering what “issue” you are referring to. Just trying to make sure you understand what we are all dealing with so that it can be addressed in a timely manner. as far as I am aware, TurboTax is the only tax preparation software having an issue.  15+ year user, but am prepared to go elsewhere very soon

ongkiko
Returning Member

@QueenM  are you affiliated with Intuit/Turbotax?  if so, we'll sure wait for any updates you may have.  For others, let's all relax and give them time to fix the issues.  We are at the first "official" day of filing.  Yes, we are all very eager to get this over with and for most of us get our well-deserved refund.

Here are the issues, at least what's not working:

• if a filing have some type of schedule C or any other business expense form, it will not allow e-filling
  • another issue is that the option for Home energy credits: like for heat pumps and air-conditioner are not available as an option for entry.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies