This is my husband's and I first year fully marrie...

taylorpegoda

This is my husband's and I first year fully married and filling jointly. We are both active duty and he is considered a resident of IL do we have to file taxes for his state even though he didnt live

DavidD66

If your husband is a resident of Illinois, the he will have to file an Illinois resident tax return whether he lived there or not.  If you can provide more information about your situation we may be able to help further.

VictoriaD75

Active duty military file their tax returns in their state of legal residence. A nonmilitary spouse may be able to choose to keep that same legal residence as the military spouse. See the link below for additional information:

Military Filing Information on State Websites