Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There is a programming error causing an error loop when inputting W-2 income after transferring prior year tax file. Has anybody else experienced that problem?

For Turbotax year 2021.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

There is a programming error causing an error loop when inputting W-2 income after transferring prior year tax file. Has anybody else experienced that problem?

Can you please clarify this error with more details, @gnm9135?  This is not an error that appears on the current list.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes.  Only one Turbotax agent, Bobbi M, has identified the error and escalated the error with screen prints.  When you begin the tax return, the program asks if you want to transfer the prior year tax file or continue without transferring.  If you choose to take the transfer option, everything gets loaded into the current year program.  The information is good through the "Let's start with a bit of info from your W-2" window.  Then, you input the EIN for your W-2 and click continue.  The system then goes through a loop and comes up with an error message "Oops, we have a problem".

The work-around I did was to go to "Forms" for the W-2 information, delete the errors and input the information manually.  Then, I go back to the "step by step" process and go to the next income item.  The program seems to work correctly after doing the work-around.

After doing the manual "Work-around", the Turbotax Premier seems to be working as far as inputting data.

Now, there is something wrong with the SEARCH function.  The search function works if I click on a subject listed.  The search function does not work if I first try to enter a topic.  The search function works but it is another "Work-around".

Not so fun time with Turbotax 2021.  I am concerned as to what will be on the final tax return .

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies