Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The prompts said something about PA still expecting a hand written signature on a form but not to worry about it yet. I never got any more info about it after e-filing?

While completing my Pennsylvania tax return, the prompt mentioned the state still requiring you to mail in a hand written signature - I can't remember what form it stated as it said not to worry about it yet. After filing however, I never received any more information about it - Should I still mail in my return if it was efiled with my federal return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

The prompts said something about PA still expecting a hand written signature on a form but not to worry about it yet. I never got any more info about it after e-filing?

It depends upon the message you received.

The only time you need to send in additional documents when your return is electronically filed would be if you had PA tax withholding on those forms or if there are issues with the amounts reported on your tax return versus what is reported on the actual tax form.  Please see the excerpt below for more details.

PA additional forms

If this is what you remember seeing, you will mail your supporting documents to the address in the following link.

PA supporting documentation address

If your return was submitted and accepted to Pennsylvania, you should not mail in another copy of your PA return as this may result in delays processing your return since it will show up in their system twice and cause it to be pulled for review while they attempt to determine why the return was filed again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies