mykidscloset1

The instructions to file form 8379 only lead me to form 8857. How do I file 8379?

AnthonyC

You need to keep going in the interview.  They are both found in the same section of TurboTax.  The first series of questions will concern Form 8857 and then you will get a screen that shows the Form (see screenshot).  After you click continue, you will get the series of questions that will then fill out Form 8379 in the program (it shows in Forms mode of the desktop program but you won't see it on the screen like Form 8857).  You will have the option of filing it with your return or you can print and mail it on its own.

AnthonyC