Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The good, the bad, the ugly: Customer Service

Hello all,

Last year around this time when I did my taxes online, as I have using Turbotax for many years prior, I needed customer service's help more than usual. If I remember correctly, I connected with 3 or 4 representatives. The first 2 or 3 were not helpful and appeared eager to end their interaction with me quickly and at the top of the hour they just disconnected. I remember thinking "shoot, I wonder if their shift ended" or something like that. Those negative experiences left me very frustrated especially at a time when I really needed to tap into their "expertise." 

Thankfully, the last representative who helped me was the complete opposite of the others and actually helped me. She took the time to understand my issue and address it unlike the others who jumped to what they believed, based on their first assumption, was the issue and possible solution then just leave or just leave with no solution and no finality to my concern and no goodbye. 

If I haven't had many good years and interaction with Turbotax prior to last year's experience I would not be giving them my business again this year. And thank goodness for the very nice and competent rep who helped me last. 

I wanted to email this to customer service, but it appears that is not possible. They have a phone number to call but I want this documented in writing and this forum seems a better option. I hope those in charge at Intuit can hold those reps accountable and have better training for their reps at it relates to customer interaction. Thank you for letting me share and vent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies