Solved: The extension just has my name on it when this is a joint return with my wife Karen as the paper work I filled out shows. Is there a problem here or are we good?

hleeholden

The extension just has my name on it when this is a joint return with my wife Karen as the paper work I filled out shows. Is there a problem here or are we good?

PatriciaV

Yes, you are fine. The extension is filed in the name and SSN of the "taxpayer" (the first name on the return), but also covers the spouse when your status is Married Filing Jointly.

PatriciaV