Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The electronic 5 return filing limit is not written in stone.

Was disappointed that this site did not do more to assist those of us who were  rejected by the 5 return filing limit.    I had asked if purchasing another "single version" of TurboTax Deluxe could be used.  Most answered NO but persistence paid off.  Although copying the data from the rejected return did not bypass the "5 limit", starting another return, importing my previous  year's Turbo Tax data and reentering the new 2023 information..... solved the problem.   It was a breeze and the return was filed easily and "accepted" within an hour.   I did not want to chance that the "corrupted" return (5 limit) would not import properly into the 2024 return and did not want to have problems next year.   Was worth the trouble and the 2023 Deluxe purchase was not wasted, as I originally feared.   PERSISTENCE!   GOOD LUCK!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

The electronic 5 return filing limit is not written in stone.

I believe you were informed that the limit was an IRS limit, not one induced by Intuit for TurboTax.

If you found a workaround, fine, but note that it was just that and not one that IRS wouldn't frown upon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies