Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

edc7

The amount of my refund is $6291. The Turbo tax fee is $34.99. I should have received $6256.01 but I received $6221.02. So, I was charged $69.98. You still owe $34.99.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The amount of my refund is $6291. The Turbo tax fee is $34.99. I should have received $6256.01 but I received $6221.02. So, I was charged $69.98. You still owe $34.99.

The Deluxe Federal return has a preparation fee of 34.99.  If you chose to pay the TurboTax product fees out of the Federal refund, that option (known as the "refund processing service") has a 34.99 service fee, which would bring the total to fees to 69.98 (plus possible sales tax in some locations.)

There is a service fee with that option because of the intermediary bank involved.   When you choose that method, a temporary bank account is opened in your name at one of 2 banks--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.   That bank then receives your funds from the IRS, subtracts the fees, and then sends the rest of your funds to your own bank account in a second direct deposit.   The intermediary bank then closes the bank account they opened for you.  The company that handles the administration of that process is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The Deluxe Federal return has a preparation fee of 34.99.  If you chose to pay the TurboTax product fees out of the Federal refund, that option (known as the "refund processing service") has a 34.99 service fee, which would bring the total to fees to 69.98 (plus possible sales tax in some locations.)

There is a service fee with that option because of the intermediary bank involved.   When you choose that method, a temporary bank account is opened in your name at one of 2 banks--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.   That bank then receives your funds from the IRS, subtracts the fees, and then sends the rest of your funds to your own bank account in a second direct deposit.   The intermediary bank then closes the bank account they opened for you.  The company that handles the administration of that process is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies