June 6, 2019 6:18 AM
Here's how to enter the amount you paid with the extension into TurboTax.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab. (In TurboTax Home & Business click the Personal tab.)
- Click Deductions & Credits.
- Click "I'll choose what I work on" or "Jump to a full list."
- On the screen "Your 2016 Deductions & Credits," scroll down to the section "Estimates and Other Taxes Paid."
- Click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Other Income Taxes."
- Under the heading "Payments with Extension," click the Start, Update, or Revisit button for "Payment with 2016 federal extension."