turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Want to file extension online. don't owe. TT says use "tt easy extension". avail march 20. Today is March 22, it is not functional. If delayed, it does not say that

how can one find when TT will make this available, the forum says 16th, TT says 20th. it is neither.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaR

Want to file extension online. don't owe. TT says use "tt easy extension". avail march 20. Today is March 22, it is not functional. If delayed, it does not say that

Extensions are now available on TurboTax. Follow these steps:

• Sign into TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button
  • In the Search box (upper right) search "extension"
  • Click "jump to extension" and this takes you to the Need More Time to File Your Return? screen. 

Or you can use these steps:

• Select the Federal Taxes tab and then Other Tax Situations (sub tab)
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Click Start/Revisit next to File an Extension

Other Related Information:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PatriciaR

Extensions are now available on TurboTax. Follow these steps:

• In the Search box (upper right) search "extension"
  • Click "jump to extension" and this takes you to the Need More Time to File Your Return? screen. 

Or you can use these steps:

• Select the Federal Taxes tab and then Other Tax Situations (sub tab)
  • Scroll down to Other Tax Forms
  • Click Start/Revisit next to File an Extension

Other Related Information:

this answer is not helpful. it ignores the root of my question (e-filing the extension) and simply repeats what is easily accessible on TT. As many others have noted, TT says they will allow us to file extension online, yet the easy extension site says "avail in March" and it is March. Their link to it says March 20.if it will still be available, but simply delayed, they have not said that either.
PatriciaR

You can prepare your Easy Extension now and submit online.  Please click on the screenshot I posted in my answer above to see where to Sign In and prepare your Easy Extension.

thanks for the followup. that is the screen I was using. I was looking for an active link, but once you highlighted sign in, I did so and was able to qkly file online extension, even though I own desktop product. thanks again.
PatriciaR

You are very welcome!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies