turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tj4tennis

I owned stocks and got dividends, so, I received 1099-DIV. But TurboTax's CheckThisEntry is asking me to enter amount from 1099-OID that I don't have. What do i do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I owned stocks and got dividends, so, I received 1099-DIV. But TurboTax's CheckThisEntry is asking me to enter amount from 1099-OID that I don't have. What do i do?

It sounds to me like you might have stumbled into the 1099-OID interview by mistake and got something entered there.  Go back to that interview and delete the errant item.
tj4tennis

Thanks for the answer.  You were right. The auto-uploading function on TurboTax pulled that OID form from one of my banks.  To me, that form should not even have been made available on my account at the bank to begin with.
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

To enter your 1099-DIV information in TurboTax Deluxe follow these steps:

With TurboTax, open enter 1099 div in the find box then click on Jump to 1099 div in the results box.  Follow the program prompts to enter your 1099-DIV information.  This will bypass the 1099-OID that TurboTax is asking you about.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies