Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sadristi

I used to work at company A when I lived in my old address 1. In August, I switched to company B and moved to new address 2. Should I use my current address?

The W-2 from company A shows correctly my old address 1.  While filling tax return form now, should I use my old address 1 or current address 2?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Ashby

I used to work at company A when I lived in my old address 1. In August, I switched to company B and moved to new address 2. Should I use my current address?

Always use your current address on your tax filing where you can receive correspondence if necessary.

The IRS does not care if you have forms with an older address.

sadristi

Turbo tax form is asking me to put information found on box E of W-2.  If I use my current address, it will not match with the W-2 box E (showing old address).  Is that not going to be a problem?
Ashby

That is not a problem. The IRS ties everything together using your taxpayer id (SSN or ITIN)
sadristi

Thank you very much...whoever you are, the nice person.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies