Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should premiums I paid for health insurance always be included in a Turbotax K-1 filing?

In one of the Turbotax (2015) prompts in filling out  a K-1 filing, I am prompted to report any health insurance premiums that I paid.

I did pay m own health insurance premiums for part of 2015, but those payments had nothing to do with the partnership that the K-1 is reporitng on. But given the complexities if partnerships and K-1s, I am unsure if these premiums need to be reported under a Turbotax K-1 filing or not.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Should premiums I paid for health insurance always be included in a Turbotax K-1 filing?

If the Partnership did not pay for the insurance, or reimburse you for the insurance, they would not have added it to box 4 of your K-1.  If that is the case, no, don't enter health insurance in the K-1 section.

Thank you TaxGuyBill.

I followed the K-1 prompts and as I was not reimbursed for health insurance premiums, I entered them in this section. However, I was also prompted to enter them earlier in the "deductions section. If I enter them in both, they double-up. Which section should I enter them in?

If the Partnership did not pay for the health insurance premiums (or reimburse you for them) and did not add them to box 4 of your K-1, do NOT enter it in the K-1 section.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies