Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As a sole proprietor, I efiled with TT the required 1099-Misc with the IRS. Did this go to each contractor's state revenue center also? Must I file to each state?

Do I have to efile for each state for which I issued a 1099-Miscellaneous just as I did for the IRS?  I am a sole proprietor, Schedule C?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

As a sole proprietor, I efiled with TT the required 1099-Misc with the IRS. Did this go to each contractor's state revenue center also? Must I file to each state?

The Quick Employer Forms program that is used to create 1099 forms, does NOT e-file any reports to your state.  It only e-files the federal government (IRS).  Therefore, if your state requires a copy of your 1099 form, then you must print them and send them to your state.  Check you state's Web-site for their requirements.

From the Quick Employer Forms FAQ:

Please note:

• Quick Employer Forms supports e-filing to the Social Security Administration and Internal Revenue Service only. It does not support filing any state employer forms, nor does it support paper-filed forms.
A direct link to Quick Employer Forms can be found below:

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JulieCo

The Quick Employer Forms program that is used to create 1099 forms, does NOT e-file any reports to your state.  It only e-files the federal government (IRS).  Therefore, if your state requires a copy of your 1099 form, then you must print them and send them to your state.  Check you state's Web-site for their requirements.

From the Quick Employer Forms FAQ:

Please note:

• Quick Employer Forms supports e-filing to the Social Security Administration and Internal Revenue Service only. It does not support filing any state employer forms, nor does it support paper-filed forms.
A direct link to Quick Employer Forms can be found below:

Thank you. But TT doesn’t help with amending a 1099 misc does it?
JulieCo

Correct.   Here is the FAQ related to correcting a 1099:

How can I correct a Form 1099 or W-2 that has already been sent and accepted by the IRS or SSA?

QEF does not support corrected forms at this time. Once the original e-filing is accepted:

To file a corrected W-2, go to the SSA website and file the corrected form, W-2C electronically. You can also use the IRS website for forms and instructions.
    To file a corrected 1099, use the IRS website forms and instructions for corrections.

Thank you! But I tried going to the IRS website and could not obtain the 1099-Misc for 2018, only 2019?
JulieCo

Here is where you can order forms from the IRS:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/businesses/online-ordering-for-information-returns-and-employer-returns">https:/... may need to copy the link and put it in your browser.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies