Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Turbo Card and Coronavirus Stimulus

That is what I'd like to know, did anyone who received it on TTC that got the advance

They're actually issued by Green Dot Bank of Provo, UT which is combined with Bonneville Community Bank and Santa Barbara TPG for FDIC purposes.

If you check the ABA's webpage and run their routing number (which you can see on the Turbo Card's Direct Deposit information) you get this:

abagreendot.PNG

Now, the account number may be different for people that had advances or fees taken out, I'm not sure about that but it looks like a regular green dot account number from another card that I had. I had neither fees taken or an advance, but I haven't seen anything in terms of a deposit and I'm eligible for being married and with a dependent child. I also have an IP PIN since I was in the Atlanta region's pilot program for them many years ago (which was beyond annoying as I was a deployed servicemember at the time and I didn't get the letter for almost a month as it went home first and my wife had to send it to me via APO) so if you're filing with one, that might cause a delay as it did with my 2008 check IIRC.

@Scottyh04 yea I know what you mean man. No offense taken. Just showed up in my phone. I wish you the best of luck man I’m sure you need it more than me. I’m sorry that people who got advances gets bent over with no lube.

@Scottyh04 @charles757710 I had the advance and fees taken out of my refund. I entered my SS# and refund amount on Santa Barbara bank and trust website. It said no information found. This leads me to believe that my stimulus payment will be deposit using my turbocard information which matches what's on my tax return.  Everything is so confusing right now

Aleemo60
Returning Member

Well....I see you're up early being LOUD and WRONG. Turbo cards sent ppl like me who had fees, an email saying funds are pending for the 15th. Now, ppl who got the advance loan are still in the wind, but if your notifications are on for Turbo card and u had FEES you're good...so no paper check. Go take a nap!

@charles757710 

The fact that the IRS doesn't know how to communicate unless you owe them money or services doesn't help either. If you're a vendor for them, and my company is, you'll know exactly what I mean. Combine that with Intuit, which probably has most of their people working from home under BCP without access to a lot of tools that they normally use because of Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI compliance, and its kind of a recipe for a scheiße-show.

marlenydenio
Returning Member

I called 2 different H&R Block offices and both told me that even if they took the fees from my refund that I would get the stimulus payment on my emerald card.

I got the turbo car, had no fees, no advance, and have not received anything saying that a deposit will be me on the 15th.

In the meantime people need there money y’all been saying the same thing for a week plus if people with cards are forced to wait on checks through the mail turbo will lose alot of there returning customers because we deserve better than the service we are receiving at this time

No you will not receive your stimulus payment on a green dot card. All of us who used their card will either have to wait and try and register our direct deposit information when the irs gets the portal up and running or wait for a paper check. Basically green dot screwed us and turbo tax doesn’t want to come right out and tell us!

Nope. We got screwed by green dot/turbo tax....the website for the main corporation says anyone who used a green dot card will have a paper check mailed to them or possibly if they haven’t already mailed the check when they get the portal up and running then we can enter direct deposit info there! 

Alot of yall are the ones who bought all the toilet paper!!! Calm down and give it some time to work. I need money too!! Have to what and see.

@Landen22 Did you get an advance?

@charles757710  yea bro I'm happy for you guys. And a girl I know got it on her Walmart card too!  It's ok though I'll get by, I'm just glad I saved my income tax and stretched it out. Good luck to you all and TT sucks with not informing us!

Thank you. This is what I've been saying from the start. I will never use Turbo Tax again after this is all over. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies