turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

System error downloading 1099 Div TT 2023 deluxe downloaded Mac

I downloaded documents from financial institution. After much earlier being frustrated since it would NOT import from 2022 H&R Block requiring me to do a lot more work. which does not work well w ADHD. (I also downloaded PDFs for myself)

So got going on this & downloaded docs. As I was ready to e-file Fed before midnight deadline it gave me 2 separate errors. 

for 1099 R it said street address required. Just PO Box was on the form. I can’t believe that is that critical with it not having been corrected. 

then for 1 fund it said 1 field needed to be smaller than another. so I was madly trying to read the pdfs & figure it out. 

decided to just try going ahead & e-filing before midnight deadline but by then it showed 12:01 & e-file closed so need to mail. Which will make it even later. 

but then I dug into it more & the TT downloaded version had box 12 as 0 & box 13 as 66.84

but the $66.84 belongs in Box 12 & box 13 is $12.27 I discovered when I navigated to the downloaded 1099 worksheet. 

I called the payor & they are not aware of any issues in their end. I see others mentioning download issues w TT from different financial institutions. 

Thing is, I can & did correct Box 13 but TT bad programming didn’t consider that it might not just be 1 box but both boxes that need editing. 

So these errors not only caused me to miss the deadline which will result in fines or penalties, but I don’t even know how to move ahead since it will not allow me to correct box 12!

I tried to correct it after I discovered the discrepancy. All I was able to do was to put a note in pop up box. I tried to put the amounts in that column but then it added them. So just put box # & correct amount in the description field. But the field used for calculations is still wrong. 

& I don’t even understand what they are all about. For those muni bond fund. 

so I have no idea how that will affect the overall calculations or how to fix it so I can finish up & file. 

& I hope TT will be responsible for the extra costs incurred as a result of all this. 

Not to mention the hours of my time trying to get it resolved & done. 

(on top of a power outage here for about 5 hours. 

I didn’t mine H&R Block & was glad to come back to TT (only reason I used H&R was my old Mac was too old to run TT last year.) I have since upgraded. But now similar errors getting in the way of filing!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

System error downloading 1099 Div TT 2023 deluxe downloaded Mac

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies