Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GIESLC

Suggestion for TurboTax with 1099's

I have used your product for many years and have a suggestion that I have run into every year with the software.  I have two separate 1099's to enter each year.  When I view where to enter the current years 1099's, I see the previous years two separate 1099's and I'd like to chose to edit these for the current year, but in order to figure out which 1099 is which, I have to begin the edit process and it takes a couple of page entries before I know if I have the right 1099 or not.  This wasted 11 min. this year and in the end I simply deleted the previous years 1099's and reentered this years completely.  The suggestion that I have for the change would be that where the initial 1099's are listed, more info is provided on that initial page so that I can easily see which is which.  In my case, one 1099 is a CSA and one is a CFA.  Just by adding those to that initial page would make it so much easier and quicker so I can accurately proceed and not have to guess.  In my case, one of my 1099's is a death benifit from my late husband and one is my retirement.  In my widow friends group, this is also an issue for several other ladies and has been the same issue for year.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies