Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Submit 4C to both jobs?

I have been working two jobs since January 2024 and will plan on staying at both for the duration of 2024. At my full time job I make roughly 75,000 yearly. At job 2, I make roughly 15,900 yearly. I receive my paychecks for both jobs on the same day, biweekly. When I used the IRS withholding simulator, it showed that I will need to hold an extra $186 per pay period. Because I make significantly more at job 1 than I do at job 2, I did not check box 2 on my W-4. Instead, I put $186 in box 4C of step 4. Do I need to submit a w4 to both job 1 and job 2? Or can I just submit one w4 with the extra $186 in box 4C to job 1, my highest paying job. Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Submit 4C to both jobs?

You can have the additional tax withheld from either job, but usually the employer will want a W-4, so I don't think you can get away with not submitting one. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Submit 4C to both jobs?

Thank you! Job two already has a W4 for me but it doesn't have options 2C filled out or any withholdings in 4C. Would it be best to submit an updated W4 to Job 1, my higher paying/full time job with the $186 in 4C or submit two w4's with that 186 divided in 2? 

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Submit 4C to both jobs?

Either way would work, I would update the higher paying job so if you decide to let the other job go, you wouldn't have to worry about under-paying. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies