Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State return rejected due to incomplete or invalid information on Form 3514 EITC. An answer is required. How do i find form 3514 for state since i filed my federal

It’s saying i have to answer but i can’t find them on my Ca state nor can i jump to anything bcus no form 3514 Shows up here’s the questions i have to find “An answer is required for both of these questions: Has the IRS previously disallowed your federal Earned Income Credit Has the Franchise Tax Board previously disallowed your California EITCReject Code /CA-Return/CA-ReturnData/CAForm3514/QualifyingInformation/FederalAG
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HopeS
Expert Alumni

State return rejected due to incomplete or invalid information on Form 3514 EITC. An answer is required. How do i find form 3514 for state since i filed my federal

The Earned Income Credit (EIC) is a valuable, refundable tax credit available to low and moderate-income taxpayers and families. If your EIC was disallowed or reduced for reasons other than math or clerical errors after 1996, you may need to file Form 8862 before the Internal Revenue Service allows you to use the credit again.

Therefore review your responses on your Federal Form 8862 to make sure you answered the questions on your earned income credit correctly. On your State return respond  Yes or No to the EIC questions regarding whether or not your EIC was disallowed by the IRS or the State in prior years. You would have been notified if your EIC credits were disallowed by the IRS or the State.

Below is a screenshot of Form 3914 to guide you:

@preshawnalewis

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies