Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Path message went to refund being processed?

Good morning. I am writing to find out if it's bad that message says being processed other people's say a direct deposit date will be giving but mine dose not say that. Should I worry. Also people say there Bars ? Where do I find my bars ? I have the IRS2Go app. Filed on Jan 29 accepted on 29th. Thanks or any and all help. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It simply means that your e-filed return is being processed and that the government hasn't approved or rejected it yet.  Sometimes return status does not update for several days or even longer.

During this time, the government reviews your refund (processing).
During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

It simply means that your e-filed return is being processed and that the government hasn't approved or rejected it yet.  Sometimes return status does not update for several days or even longer.

During this time, the government reviews your refund (processing).
During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.

It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer.

Never worry, not worth it. Usually a minor mistake, if the computer reads unusual item like gambling winnings, but as said above  turbo will fix the math or make you before it files...the computer probably pauses.a hiccup maybe,but ..these have all been in a holding pattern, say 10 million minimum, and the gates were just opened for all...you will get money the 28th. no later than mar 5th  irsgov/toolkit has a great chart for exact dates...But the topic152, Is the apology letter for not being ready! again this year due to the fact that the tax laws change... It's like this every year unless you have a 1040ez...
 About the worry, .I don't think real people are in a real building at the IRS in Washington...but computer will spit one out every 350,000. maybe? for an ,audit  for fun., or any ss numbers used already on another person's return...or just flagrant violations and upswings..  blatant cheating may red flag ya.....doubt it tho... now , maybe go back into turbo, and sign in your return, hit check status,and go to exit... Don't get anything extra ..lol you don't need it.. and save all the ways u can so if u don't remember the following year , was it online, desk, cd , softer or harder ware, paper storm,  cloud 9, etc !   so that, you won't have  so many problems transferring info...because the products here don't like to share and the computers there, don't like to store ,so save a file, in upper corner somewhere,  date and name it ...save a pdf , save on a cassette or 8 track STEREO... , write it on paper and bury in vault, and write it down in folder...CUZ turbo will not be able to help you....but I'm techno challenged to start....anyway they didn't even accept any before Jan 29th and they didn't process any if it wasn't just real ez, until mid February.....good luck, you did everything right...it's the gov that is snail paced and overpaid so they can waste our hard earned money on trips and wine 26,000 rooms in vegas, strippers call girls in tahiti or wherever the hell they go....remember who we are dealing with ...Ponzi masters with no class....great benefits tho retire in style..lol and turbo probably could have not rushed the fake sale. prices too high, go up every year too, get less get tricked, have to upgrade  ,it's all a scam ! We should all go back to paper, make them all actually work and put turbo /intuit/the same IRs, u been dealing with, oh save the planet crap...wake up kids  the writings are rigght in front of you....notice how we are all too stupid to shop, hmmmm I should write a book...it's titled common sense, find it..the end...and let you know also....they knew the dates... everyone knows if not too broke to pay attention...ha In other words don't rush think of season as feb 20thish, to apr fools day, they can't get us all...lol I can't believe we all do this again , like little robots in line ...i'm steppin out already did years ago  ...it only took MOST to see in front of face, if not in stupid cell phone 30 years to get a hope and a prayer..that it's wake up time ..we been too nice for too long, .slowly coming around....not fast or enough....go cash and save it. 2 cents worth....for free.....
jahmyllt

Huhhh!?!

Wth was that??? Lol

@maggies523 that was ENTERTAINING! LOL very creative! Im so mad i just wasted 5 minutes trying to figure this out but it was worth it!
susanandtimcook
Returning Member

You go girl. I think I got it. It is what it is and trying to figure it out is not going to make it suddenly change. What is to be will be whenever and however that is.
susanandtimcook
Returning Member

It still pissed me off.
susanandtimcook
Returning Member

Patience has never been my strong point.
jahmyllt

Lol

sounds like she got her refund and was smoking it up
stroudmonique
Returning Member

This got my head spinning
snook751

Got my date filed 01/28 ddd 02/27

Has anyone got theres yet?
susanandtimcook
Returning Member

Not yet I got the same date approved 2/27
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies