turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bsasaki

I have just installed turbotax 2016 on my laptop and still have the programs dating back to 2011 also on the laptop. Am I able to delete the old programs?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I have just installed turbotax 2016 on my laptop and still have the programs dating back to 2011 also on the laptop. Am I able to delete the old programs?

You only need the old programs if you want to open an old tax return. I suggest that you save your returns from past years as PDFs, with all worksheets included, so you can look at them with Adobe Reader. Then you can uninstall the old programs. Uninstalling the old programs will not affect the current program. You should keep the programs for the most recent three prior years, i.e. 2013, 2014, and 2015, in case the IRS questions anything for those years or you have to file an amended return for one of those years.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You only need the old programs if you want to open an old tax return. I suggest that you save your returns from past years as PDFs, with all worksheets included, so you can look at them with Adobe Reader. Then you can uninstall the old programs. Uninstalling the old programs will not affect the current program. You should keep the programs for the most recent three prior years, i.e. 2013, 2014, and 2015, in case the IRS questions anything for those years or you have to file an amended return for one of those years.

Someone answer the question. what a pain in the ass trying to get these off the PC
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@jack.sowers - The original question was answered. Do you need to know HOW to uninstall the TurboTax program? If that's what you're looking for, see the FAQ at the following link.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899283-uninstall-turbotax-windows">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questi...>

If you need more help, or you have a different question, please post a new separate question of your own.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies