Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Solved! Not able to Efile my California State Tax return getting following message while entering bank account details "Please verify your account number".

I cannot get past that screen. I used the same bank account details for Federal Efile ten minutes ago with no issues. It does not matter what bank details I enter, for a checking or savings account, I get the exact same error message "Please verify your account number" and cannot Continue from there.

I'm using an Apple Mac with the latest OS version.

I'm running the desktop version of TurboTax Premier with all the latest Federal and State updates.

I've tried restarting my computer and TurboTax multiple times.

Solution in reply

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Solved! Not able to Efile my California State Tax return getting following message while entering bank account details "Please verify your account number".

SOLVED!!

I found the issue. There was a strange, nondisplayable character on the form which did not show up on the regular screen.

I went directly to the form by clicking on "Forms" at top left, and edited the number there. I firstly deleted everything in the account number field on the form, including the nondisplayable character. I then entered the correct number into the forms account number field. Went back to the "EasyStep" screen by clicking "EasyStep" at tp left and continued processing my Efileing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies