Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Peggyald

Solar Tax credit for state of Arizona. The solar credit from Federal is not updating state. I can’t find state form 310

Solar Tax credit for state of Arizona. The solar credit from Federal is not updating state.  I can’t even find state form 310. 

Online TurboTax  2023. Microsoft Windows 11

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Solar Tax credit for state of Arizona. The solar credit from Federal is not updating state. I can’t find state form 310

Be aware that on Arizona Form 140, which can be found on the Arizona Department of Revenue's Individual Income Tax Forms page, the Family Income Tax Credit and the Dependent Tax Credit will be applied to your tax liability before the solar credit, if you're eligible for either. 

If either of those credits are applied, they'll reduce or eliminate any solar credit you could claim for the year.  And, if that's the case, any unused amount of the solar credit would be carried over to your next tax year.

See the Arizona Form 310 instructions, available at Credit for Solar Energy Devices, to make sure you meet the qualifications for the credit.

You might also want to review your solar credit information in TurboTax Online, just to make sure your entries are correct: 

1. Open TurboTax Online
  2. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  3. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown on the right side of the State Taxes box, then select Start, Continue, or Review/Edit
  4. In the left pane, select Prepare State
  5. Proceed through the screens until you come to the Status of your state returns screen
  6. Select Start, Continue or Edit to the right of Arizona. 
  7. Proceed through the state screens until you come to the Other Nonrefundable Credits screen.  Make sure the box next to Solar and wind energy devices (Form 301) is checked, then select Continue
  8. Select the appropriate responses on the Solar and Wind Energy Devices screen, then select Continue
  9. Select the appropriate response on the Compliance Certificate screen, then select Continue
Peggyald

Yes I was able to find it. I’ve used the online version for 3 years. It is more difficult to use than the software version I think. Also even though it was standard deduction you charged to file both state and federal and a $40 processing fee.  Because of solar tax credit. Seems unfair. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies