Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

So turbo tax put a 48 hr hold on my return. Because i got divorced in 2023. Why have the still not sent mine in? It has been over 48 hours.

I did my ex wifes taxes and they went through immediately with no hold. But i got an email stating that it was getting a hold because I didn't use my old account from the marriage. But was told to create a new account since we were divorced. Why won't they release the hold?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

So turbo tax put a 48 hr hold on my return. Because i got divorced in 2023. Why have the still not sent mine in? It has been over 48 hours.

Since a new account was used to file, there may be identity verification pending in the background.

Be patient; they may release it before the 48 hour timeframe.

You can Contact TurboTax Support for help.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The hold on my end is because we were filing separate we both had new accounts i did hers and it went straight through no problems but mine which was done earlier was put on hold. Got an email stating i need to call customer support to release the hold. I did and they said as soon as i finish my wife taxes it will release, its now closing in on 72 hours without movement on mine. Its just frustrating that i paid so much and its just sitting there. Every time i try to do an extension i get an error message. Guess i will just call again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies