Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smart Check - 4 areas around form 8369 needs review

Hi,

Is there a way to overwrite smart check as it keeps prompting me with a message,

"We found 4 areas on your federal return where we'll need to review your entries. We'll handle them one at a time." What does that mean?

When I continue, I was brought to another page with form 8936 error below.

1 Form 8936: This form has not been approved for release at this time. You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

2 Qual Plig-in Elec Drive Motor Vech Wks: This form has not been approved for release at this time. You must obtain an update before you file your return in order to ensure that all of the calculations are correct. To receive an update, select Check for Updates from the Online menu to connect to our website.

I have made sure everything within the form is accurate, what should be my next step?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Smart Check - 4 areas around form 8369 needs review

Wait patiently since message 1 & 2 says the form is not approved  Please check forms availability here. Select online, Windows, or Macintosh from the drop down menu. Whenever the federal and states change a form, we have to as well. This happens throughout tax season.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies