Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should my husband create a new profile? We used my profile but now I am no longer working and he has a w2 and is self employed, this is the last year I will have a w2.

My husband will be the one to file taxes from now on. We got married in 2015 and filed joint under my profile. As a small business owner and sole provider does he need to make his own profile to file taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Should my husband create a new profile? We used my profile but now I am no longer working and he has a w2 and is self employed, this is the last year I will have a w2.

No, in fact, to prevent the IRS from getting confused, you should continue to file with your name and SSN first on any joint return.  The fact that he will have a schedule C does not matter regarding who gets listed first.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No, in fact, to prevent the IRS from getting confused, you should continue to file with your name and SSN first on any joint return.  The fact that he will have a schedule C does not matter regarding who gets listed first.

Ok, thank you. So even for next year when I will not have any income to report it won't matter if my name is first?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies