taxal31

Should I file taxes if my parents (not US residents, live in another country) support me (A Full-Time student, US citizen and resident) financially and send funds to me?

VictoriaD75

The money from your parents is not taxable to you. However, do you have other sources of income? See the link below to determine if you have a filing requirement:

Do I Need to File a Tax Return?

Itsncy

I am a US green card holder and my parents are non us citizen living abroad, we have a joint foreign account holder and every month I withdraw some money from the account. Does it mean I have to report the taxes / foreign bank account to IRS? Account in my name is less than $5000, and I only withdraw some money from that account. Thank you