Solved: Should I file separate or with my husband, he gets SSI only and I work fulltime

Should I file separate or with my husband, he gets SSI only and I work fulltime

he gets SSI> 1300 mo, and I work FT, should we file separately
does he have to file since that is all he has

Generally, filing married filing separate is the least beneficial filing status. Filing joint is the most advantageous filing status.

If the total of your income plus one half of his social security income is less than 32,000 dollars, your husband's social security income will not be taxable. However, if you file separate, he would need to file and more of his social security income will be taxable because the base amount is zero (not 32,000 dollars that is available for married filing joint returns). 

This is the 5th time you have posted. Did you not see the answers?

finally thanks