Solved: Should i claim 1099 div on my return or should my son claim it on his ? I was custodian on accounts and he withdrew the funds . He is 19 yrs old filing his own return

Should i claim 1099 div on my return or should my son claim it on his ? I was custodian on accounts and he withdrew the funds . He is 19 yrs old filing his own return

If your child had more unearned income than $1050, but less than $10,500, then you have a choice to either report it on your child's tax return or your own tax return. To report it on your own tax return do a Search (top right corner) for "8814". Then click on "Jump to 8814" and enter the information from Form 1099-DIV.