Self employed qualified plan

Self employed qualified plan

Where in turboi tax do I include the deduction for my contribution to a solo 401K as a sole proprietor?  It looks like it goes on line 28 of the 1040 but I can not determine where to add it in turbo tax. Thanks

Self employed qualified plan

To get to the section where you can enter information for your individual 401k contribution, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)

• This opens a box where you can type in “self-employed retirement” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)

• The search results will give you an option to “Jump to self-employed retirement

• Click on the blue “Jump to self-employed retirement” link and enter your information