turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule K-1 (Form 1065), Box 20, Code AH to ZZ: Other Information, Lines 6 & 7

In completing the Federal Review I am getting this message:

Check This Entry

Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (XXXXXXXXXX) -- Sch K-1 Partnership Additional Info 1: Other information fields and other items in this section add to a total of 40007. This total exceeds the Schedule K-1 entry for codes(s) of 6836. Please review and correct your entries.

Other information fields 1,402

My entries for Line 6 are:

N     1,402

V          806

Z          767

AB           0

AE           0

AG  30,196

ZZ1      767

ZZ2        39

ZZ3     -191

ZZ4           0

ZZ5        -44

ZZ6            8

ZZ7    7,416

ZZ8   -1,159

ZZ9           0

ZZ10        0

ZZ11        0

Line 7 says "Total Box 20, code AH to ZZ)  = 6,836

Adding all the entries above (N thru ZZ11) totals 40,007. Codes AH thru ZZ11 are on a continuation sheet and it's the codes on the continuation sheet that total to 6,836.  So why am I getting the "Check This Entry" notification above and how do I resolve it?  Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

For any codes that are listed on the Supplemental Information Sheet, go back to Box 20 and delete any amounts you entered there for Codes AH-ZZ. If you enter an amount for Box 20 and then add other details on the next page, you will see a forms error from SmartCheck.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

For any codes that are listed on the Supplemental Information Sheet, go back to Box 20 and delete any amounts you entered there for Codes AH-ZZ. If you enter an amount for Box 20 and then add other details on the next page, you will see a forms error from SmartCheck.

Ive done this K1 for the same partnership, the same way every year and have never had this flagged.  if I understood right, you want us to not enter the various ZZ items.   I have 6 such items.  Taking them off eliminated the error.  But that does not seem to address the reporting.  But, I have reported these items the same way last year and had no such error.

When I enter all 6 of my ZZ totals on the TT capture form, I get the error.   It seems to be checking that the total zz items are reported somewhere on the this this form - K-1 Additional Information.  That makes little sense as some items are only used for state tax calculations.  Others are vague "gross income"

Should I just omit the ZZ?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The IRS made significant changes in Schedule K-1s this year, especially for coding in boxes with "other information." These changes required an equal level of changes in the way K-1's are entered in TurboTax.

For boxes AH-ZZ, no entry is needed in the primary box amount. Instead, the detail is reported under the Other Information section. Essentially, this duplicates how these amounts are reported on Schedule K-1 (box with code and asterisk, amounts on supplemental sheet).

Depending on what is reported for Code ZZ and how those amounts may or may not affect your return, you may decide an entry is not required for your particular tax situation.

@Gary3445 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies