Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

S Corp owner paying himself salary. W2, W3's

I have a business where I am an LLC treated as a S Corp for taxes. I pay myself 50% salary, Other 50% is distribution. I am the only employee and I am the owner.

Quick Employer Forms (QEF) in TurboTax does the W2 and W3 which can then be mailed in.

It is due January 31, 2024 for tax year 2023

It auto calculates Federal FICA 7.65% for employee withholding.

1. Where is the 7.65% that the S Corp employer has to pay?

2. How do you send this 15.3% in? Do you pay it in the envelope you mail to Wikes Barre when you submit w2 & w3 by January 31? 940? 941?

3. How do you pay FUTA? 940? 941?

4. I left Federal Withholding blank since this is my first year as an S Corp and the salary is a year end bonus. Is that ok?

5. Idaho state tax (SUTA). I need an Idaho Tax ID

This site:

https://www.irs-taxid-number.com/tax-id-ein/idaho/

wants me to pay $250

This site:

https://www2.labor.idaho.gov/IBRS/Account/CreateAccount

had me create a registration that now says I need a permit for Withholding tax and Unemployment Insurance Tax for my employees.

What is the proper way to get an Idaho tax ID to pay Idaho SUTA for myself as owner?

Thanks,

Dave

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

S Corp owner paying himself salary. W2, W3's

To pay in the federal payroll taxes and tax withheld, you need an account with the federal electronic payment system (EFTPS). Here is a link where you can enroll EFTPS . Once you pay in the taxes due, you need to file a form 941 and 940 to report the wages and taxes. Here are links where you can complete the forms online and mail in:  Form 941  Form 940

You pay the other half of the social security and Medicare tax when you submit your deposit through the EFTPS. That part does not get reported on the W-2 form or W-3. It is ok not to report any federal income tax withheld.

The second link you mention should be sufficient to file your state unemployment taxes. It should not cost you anything to get a federal ID number or to register to pay state unemployment taxes or federal payroll taxes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies