turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Review error on form RPD-41359. Turbo Tax is objecting to the correct State withholding tax. I'm stuck.

I've been trying to figure out what Turbo Tax Premiere is thinking. 

The problem is with New Mexico non-resident State tax return.

I have a Limited partnership (pass-through entity) that pays New Mexico state taxes.

Forms PTE and RPD-41359 both include the same (correct) amount for the state withholding tax.

However, when the state return is REVIEWed, it pops up an ERROR that says:

Form RPD-41359 (Copy 1) Tax withheld should not be more than withholding on federal return.

I do not know where or what on the federal return it is referring to and can find no other value anywhere that it might be comparing it to.  The value on the form is exactly the amount shown on the forms supplied by the LP.

I uploaded PDF scans of the 2 forms as required.   I'd sure like to finish my taxes without having to file an extension because I cannot figure out how to clear this error.  I'm worried it might be an actual s/w bug.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Review error on form RPD-41359. Turbo Tax is objecting to the correct State withholding tax. I'm stuck.

I solved this problem.  Since I knew I was going to take the standard deduction, I hadn't bothered to do all the step by step deductions, so the New Mexico State Tax withholding didn't show up on the Federal return, where it was irrelevant.  So, I saved time up front but paid for it later.  It is probably best to click through all the options so you don't miss something.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies