Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Return was rejected. Corrections caused huge liability. Paid through IRS site with Extension. TurboTax submission stuck

So, What a MESS!

I filed and made a modest payment through TurboTax. Yay!.

My return was rejected for missing a 1095-A. When I added the info, my liability was HUGE!

Without the cash to make the difference, I went to the IRS site to pay by CC, and file an extension until I can figure this out. The payment I made was the difference between my liability and what I paid when I filed through TurboTax.

So, now my original payment is still pending (4 days). I don't know how to clear it. I am also late for the original payment.

HOW DOES ONE CONTACT TURBOTAX SUPPORT to clear this up? Basically Unstick my return, reject the submission, and make the payment of the original amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Return was rejected. Corrections caused huge liability. Paid through IRS site with Extension. TurboTax submission stuck

Would it be possible to add an extension here, indicate how much money was paid, and file?

Basically, can you override the original submission with an extension? If so, will the payment be released, or does one go to the IRS site to make the payments?

Anyone know how to get TurboTax product support? This really sounds like a question on the how the internal workings of TurboTax function with regard to this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies