Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Return rejected for "potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA," but I don't have an inherited IRA.

In response to your question regarding the number of times your return can be rejected, I don't know about this year, but mine was rejected last year half a dozen times before I gave up and mailed it on April 17. Mine was rejected with out explanation, but the only reason I could determine was that I could not enter identifying information (DL, pin) for my late husband who had passed away in the middle of the tax year.  Since he was identified as deceased, the system had no place to enter his information, but it wouldn't be accepted without the verification.  I couldn't get anyone on the phone at TurboTax to either tell  me how to work around it or to explain it.

Since I mailed my return, I had to wait until September for my refund, which I received with interest (which is taxable this year, thank you very much!!).  It never did identify as received in the "Where's my refund" system, by the way, until the day the refund showed up in my bank account.

lkahley48

Return rejected for "potential issue with the calculation of your Taxable Inherited IRA," but I don't have an inherited IRA.

I do not have an Taxable IRA!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

I am assuming you have an IRA that is being taxed. Any IRA can be taxed depending on the circumstances. Not knowing more, I can suggest Publication 590-B, Distributions from Individual Retirement Arrangements. Please reply with more information if you still need help.

@lkahley48

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies