Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Reporting stock based compensation (RSU) not included in 1099MISC

As part of my role as an independent director of a board, I received RSUs which vested in 2016.  The FMV of the vested RSUs is not included in my 1099-MISC form.  As a non-employee independent director, I believe I am responsible for paying at vesting (taxes where not withheld and there were no shares netted for tax withholding). Where/how do I report these, since they were not included in my 1099misc form?
1 Reply
Level 13

Reporting stock based compensation (RSU) not included in 1099MISC

You can report the compensation "as if" you received a 1099-MISC for the amount, or you can simply enter it as "general" income, an amount not reported on a 1099-MISC.  No matter how you do it all the IRS is going to see is the lump sum line 1 "revenue" figure; no detail about any 1099-MISC's you might enter is included in your income tax return transmitted to the IRS.

Tom Young

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings